Coronavirus Advice & Information
You can help to slow the spread of Coronavirus!
- Make sure you and your children follow these general principles to prevent spreading any respiratory virus:
- Wash your hands often – with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitiser if soap and water aren’t available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you have been to one of the destinations that the government have highligthed as a risk and you feel unwell, stay at home and don’t attend work or school.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a bin.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces in the home.
- If you’re worried about your symptoms, please call NHS 111 – don’t go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment.
Department for Education Coronavirus helpline - this helpline has been set up to answer questions about the virus related to education. Staff, parents and young people can contact the helpline.
School Closure Procedure
All advice and instructions will be taken from the Government.
Steps taken to decide on whether to close the school will be as follows..........e.g.
- Head Teacher will liaise with the Local Authority and Chair of Governors and a joint decision will be made whether school should be open or not.
- The decision to open school, or not, will be communicated to staff and communicated to parents via
- The school website,
- Social Media
- Local Authority and local media websites.
- Decisions will be made and communicated at 3pm each subsequent day